Follow these simple steps and keep your floors looking brand new for years to come.
Hardwood floors have a timeless appeal and enhance the beauty of your home. They require periodic refinishing services to remove surface damage and get them looking like new again. After you’ve had a flooring service, follow these simple steps to keep your floors beautiful for years to come.
- Avoid walking on the floor 24 hours after a refinishing service.
- Keep window coverings closed for at least 24 hours after project is completed to prevent direct sunlight from reaching the floor.
- Wait 48 hours before placing any furniture on floors.
- Before moving furniture, place felt pads underneath legs.
- Do not drag furniture across floors.
- Minimize traffic in the area for seven days. The floor is more prone to damage during this period as the new finish is still curing.
- Avoid placing rugs on floors until one month after project is completed.
- Begin regular cleaning seven days’ after project is completed.
- Sweep regularly.
- Clean spills up from floor immediately.
- Use the bare floor setting when vacuuming.
- Mop floors once a week with a hardwood floor cleaner. We recommend using Bona Hardwood Floor cleaner and a dust mop.
- Don’t use steam mops on your floors.
- Don’t use water or soap on your floors.
- Don’t drag furniture across your floors.
- Don’t use bleach, acetone, or other solvents on your floors.
- Don’t use oil cleaners. These will leave an oily residue that is often difficult to remove.
Wood floors can last decades if taken care of properly. Protect your investment and keep your floors looking brand new with at-home care and regular refinishing services.